Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Advertising on the Cheap

Here's a new one: posting ads in the comments of obscure personal blogs. I thought maybe someone had actually read my blog. I'm sure some spammer thinks he's pretty hot shit because he came up with a cool bot that dumps millions of stupid ads in people's comments. Like anyone would fall for this shit.

Though I have to admit that sometimes you fall for dumb ads when you least expect it. I just took my car into Just Brakes because the brakes started making grinding noises and I freaked. I don't have a regular mechanic yet for my new (old) Saturn and so I panicked and fell back on a radio ad I'd heard from them about cheap brake deals. Ha ha ha ha ha ha!! "Cheap brakes." Yeah, it's gonna be $500. And so after I take it in I decide to do some research on them and find all these complaints about Just Brakes doing work that doesn't need to be done, gouging their customers in the process. Great. Good thing I already signed a form authorizing it. I'm considering this an expensive lesson in the value of researching car mechanics. I just pray that everything works as advertised and I don't have to deal with these jokers again.

1 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Blogger Schnozz said...

I'm sure people read your blog. Well, actually, I'm not sure at all. But I thought you should get one comment that wasn't spam.

Now that the spammers have discovered you, it will only get worse ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home